The Christmas holidays are over now and I wanted to share a little about what I've learned recently. I read many stories to my children over the holidays and seemed to pay particular attention to shepherds in the Christmas story. The shepherds were visited by the angel pronouncing the Savior's birth. They were the first to know.
A shepherd's station in life at that time was one of lower-class. Their job was dirty, their tasks considered menial and certainly unimportant and unskilled. Yet, they were the first to know and the first to respond.
I've been wondering if I could be a shepherd. Could I be happy being a shepherd and more importantly, could I take care of a flock? Could I go out and find a lost sheep, if need be?
I've been praying to know how to become a shepherd and have felt a one-worded impression of an answer: Look.
So, I will look for the lost sheep, I will look for ways that maybe only I might be able to detect, as shepherd of my flock.
No comments:
Post a Comment