These are the cute little cherubs who accompanied me on my "vacation":
We rented a house on the beach. This was my first time at Seaside, and I felt just a tad nervous when nightfall came. I truly prayed over my "crops" (car, beachhouse) and my kids. Needless to say, I felt pretty vulnerable taking on "Seaside" all by myself.
The kids must have felt a little jittery about going to sleep in a new place too. The girls wanted the lamp in their room directed right to their eyes. I decided to sing to them, like I sometimes do here at home and something I use to often do when they were younger (primary songs from church).
One of my number one, favorite songs is, "Love is Spoken Here" by Janice Kapp Perry.
The words go as follows:
(Girls) I see my mother kneeling with our family each day.
I hear the words she whispers as she bows her head to pray.
Her plea to the Father quiets all my fears,
And I am thankful love is spoken here.
(Boys) Mine is a home where ev'ry hour is blessed by the strength of priesthood pow'r,
With father and mother leading the way,
Teaching me how to trust and obey;
And the things they teach are crystal clear,
For love is spoken here.
When I was in primary, Vicky Ralphs would call out my name to choose the song and this would be it. She always remembered this one was my favorite.
That night in Seaside, I realized how tangibly I feel my heart is wrapped in priesthood power. I have made covenants with my Heavenly Father and promised to live by His laws and commandments and in return He blesses me with the ability to be forgiven when I make mistakes and to feel peace, even though many things around me are out of my control. I couldn't have made those covenants without participating in a priesthood ordinance. How grateful I am that the priesthood is restored on earth and that I can protect my children and my "crops" by living within the bounds directed by God. I truly feel that the more I trust in Heavenly Father's care over me, the more crystal clear His teachings become.
No comments:
Post a Comment