The other day I wrote a funny post here that my daughter said referring to her thoughts while reading descriptions of my sister's life when she (my sister) made the humongous transition from being a professional teacher to being a mother.
When my daughter asked if Aunt Janie was a loafer, it struck me as very funny (and still does) but it also makes me wonder what kind of perception my children or any child has of motherhood. I don't think it would hurt for me to give a little extra focus to describing the joy I have in being a mother. Believe me, there may only be a few (like less than five, some days) purely joyful moments in the day, but they are there and especially when I make an effort to look for and appreciate them.
Yesterday, I watched my youngest running and jumping at a playground and felt such sincere appreciation for her good health. Today I observed how quickly my older daughter obeyed me and got herself dressed and ready for church. I also watched my son seek my approval during primary at church after he made a comment. I am so thankful to be a part of their lives.
Back to the topic of loafer-ism :-) I am going to strive to speak out loud about some of the things I manage in the home. I want the children to understand the value I place on fulfilling my duties here. I heard a sincere prayer once, that I've never forgotten. I was at a group activity where quite a few friends were making a freezer meal that we could take home and eat with our family. The person who prayed asked that we might appreciate serving our families and find joy in this service.
Immeasurable blessings await me, in the morning :-). Good Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment